here’s an antianxiety, stress reducing, aphrodisiac, cancer reducing, antioxidant, digestion improving drink that will help you relax when you need it!
what’s in the cup?
- whole organic milk or cream (can also use another liquid that contains fat i.e. soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, butter)
- the fat soluble constituents will bind to the fat in the liquid
- kava powder
aphrodisiac, antianxiety, sedative, expectorant, antibacterial, helps with sleep and stress
- raw cocoa powder
aphrodisiac, antioxidant, diuretic (eliminate fluid buildup while retaining minerals).
- vanilla extract
anticancer, carminative (helps with gas and bloating)
- cinnamon powder
warming, aphrodisiac, antibacterial, anticancer, antioxidant, astringent (drying, constricts tissue, helps with healing, creates barrier against infection), improves digestion.
- cayenne powder
warming, antioxidant, antibacterial, anticancer, antispasmodic, carminative, improves digestion and metabolism and increases blood circulation.
1) 3 cups of water, 2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup kava, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, a sprinkle of cinnamon and cayenne powder. (4 servings)
2) add everything together and bring to a simmer…continue simmering for at least 15 minutes…
3) strain and pour…although i don’t strain, i let the contents settle to the bottom of cup then enjoy!
the vanilla extract, cinnamon, cayenne powder should all be done to taste. cayenne powder will add a considerable amount of heat so if you don’t like a lot of heat, use sparingly. of course, you can leave it out all together but you will missing out on some of the great healing properties of cayenne.
warning: don’t drink kava if you have liver problems or are consuming multiple alcoholic drinks.